How to use our Floating Chlorinator
Our Floating Chlorinator is self-feeding, for easy use. Just drop it in your pool. And it will tilt when it is empty, so it’s easy to know when to refill or replace. It is recommended for use in pools of 15,000 to 50,000 gallons.
- Shock pool water to 5-10 parts per million (ppm) of chlorine with your favorite Kem-Tek chlorinating product
- If you have a vinyl, fiberglass, colored or painted plaster pool and you select Chlorinating Granules they should be pre-dissolved in water before being added to pool water
- To activate the Floating Chlorinator, remove the bottom two knobs and follow the instructions for removing one of the side knobs based on the size of your pool
- Under usual summer conditions, the Floating Chlorinator can treat a 20,000-gallon pool for about a month before it needs refilling
- Floating Chlorinator comes pre-loaded with four pounds of 1-Inch Chlorinating Tablets; when refilling do not exceed 4 pounds
- Also be sure to shock your pool water weekly, or any time after heavy use or weather conditions